Summer Essentials // Marissa

11:31 AM

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Recently I went on two different vacations, one to Las Vegas and one to a lake in Michigan.  As I was packing my bags I realized many of the things I was taking along with me were essentials to the summer months.  As it is July, many people have already done their summer essential blog posts/videos or they have already discovered their summer essentials, but nonetheless, I have still decided to share some products that I have been really enjoying!




 My first item is my Pura Vida Summer Survival Kit.  I love this kit because it comes with a shower gel, lotion, and lip balm.  Firstly, I love this kit because it is travel friendly.  I brought it on both of my vacations and it fit perfectly into my bags.  I also love it because of the summer scents.  I am crazy for summery, beachy scents.  The shower gel is coconut, the lotion is pineapple, and the lip balm is vanilla.  As I got quite a tan on both vacations (mainly my second one) I found it vital to moisturize my skin in order to prevent it from peeling.  I used the pineapple lotion every night and day and it kept my skin very moisturized and soft throughout my vacation.  Each product smells amazing and I love each and every one!  




My holy grail product of the summer is my Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Ultra Shea Body Lotion.  Right after vacation I have been lathering this on my body every morning and night.  This stuff is so moisturizing and it feels so soft on my skin.  My skin hasn't started peeling after several weeks because of this lotion.  The bottle is so huge which means it will last me for so long!  I absolutely love this product and the Sweet Pea scent will always be my favorite from Bath and Body Works.  





Another product I have been loving is the Clean and Clear moisturizer.  Again, I have been trying to moisturize my skin so this product has been perfect for my slightly tanned/burnt face.  The day after my nose got burned it started peeling.  This moisturizer has helped to soften the skin and prevent it from peeling anymore.  This product is mainly supposed to be used every night but I find it extremely useful to use when I want to soften my skin after sun exposure.  The best part of all is that it's acne fighting!




I'm going to apologize now for the fact that so many of my products are going to be from Bath and Body Works!   The next product is the Ocean Melon and Mango Glycerin Soap from Bath and Body Works.  I've always been a shower gel person, but ever since I found glycerin soaps from Bath and Body Works I have quit using shower gels.  I am currently using the Tangerine scent in my shower now, but I'm so excited to try out the Ocean Melon and Mango.  These soaps lather really well and smell amazing.  Plus, they last for so long!  I have been using the Tangerine one for weeks and it looks as though it hasn't been used.  It will be December when I finally get to the Ocean Melon and Mango one!  I love the texture at the bottom as it is a bauble design which creates a feeling of a massage.  I love these soaps!




Another product I have been really loving is the Bath and Body Works Aruba Coconut Shimmer Mist.   Like I said earlier in this post, I am crazy for beachy scents.  I own a lot of beach scents but none of them match up to this scent.  After smelling this all I can think is "beach".  I highly recommend this scent as well as the spray itself.  The shimmer gives a really nice look to your skin and it looks really nice with a tan.  If you are a fan of summer scents I suggest you give this one a try! 




Most of my family and friends know that I am completely obsessed with Baby Lips.  I love the variety of colors and the texture on my lips.  The one that I have been loving this summer is Baby Lips Blush Burst.  I was expecting more of a nude peach color to appear on my lips, but it turned out to be clear.  At first, I was a little disappointed, but then I realized how useful it was.  It is a great base to put on underneath really bright lip stains or lip sticks, it helps to tone down the bright color.  Also, I wore it a lot on vacation to the lake because it protects my lips from the sun and it still adds a nice shine to my lips, especially since I didn't wear any makeup on my vacation to the lake.  I found out the hard way last year,  I came home with dry, cracked, red lips from the sun.  The Baby Lips helped tremendously to prevent that.  Baby Lips has become the ultimate lip product for me!






One makeup product that I have really been enjoying is the NYC Bronzer in the shade "Sunny".  I used to be an avid bronzer user.  Now I don't use it as much, although, after vacation I found the need to use it to make my face match the rest of my slightly darker, tanned body.  I'm not much for bronzers because I can never find any drugstore bronzers that aren't shimmery.  I want a completely matte bronzer.  This NYC Bronzer is completely matte and is great for contouring or putting it all on my face.  If you are having trouble finding a matte, drugstore bronzer check NYC's out.  Also, if you guys have any other suggestions for non-shimmery drugstore bronzers I could check out, leave them in a comment below!


 






I believe that's it for all of my summer essentials.  Let me know what you like/use below in the comments!  Thanks so much for reading, I hope you stay tuned for what's to come!



Sneak Peek of my next post: 

  

Check back to see what these pictures are of in my next post!!! 



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. They all look amazing products and I love the baby lips they are nice. The Bath and Body works Aruba coconut spray looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Baby Lips so much. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. great post! all the products look great especially the bath and body works products :)
    http://lilytalkss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Bath and Body Works! Thanks for reading ♥

      Delete
  3. The Pura Vida Summer Survival Kit's packaging is so cute! haha
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete